Thursday, March 02, 2006

please don't use this word

I get a bit peeved off when someone uses the word 'fag' for cigarettes. I know that in the British context thats OK but not really so in the American context. (for those who don't know, the word 'fag' refers to homosexuals)

Anyways, just listing some instances where it sounds awkward.

" So, how many do u fag in a day?"

" I thought u quit fagging?

" Mind if I borrow a fag?"

" Gimme a drag of your fag"

" Just stepping out for a fag, wanna come?"

" Dude, got any fags left?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Varun Cheemra said...

hey faraz

Yeah, I know what you mean, even though I myself am guilty of using this 'f' word in my everyday parlance.

I remember once asking a friend if he had any 'smokes' on him and he replied with something to the tune of "thats a verb, not a noun"... Like Faraz smokes 4 cigarettes for lunch. LOL

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!